Besides working (and trying to write too), I’ve been reading.
Well... maybe I should qualify that, this past weekend I read. There was this book I was interested in and I dragged my ass over to the local library which is really quite a nice place (and I have to keep reminding myself of that). Mainly I was there to become a good library citizen once more by returning an overdue book, paying the fines and insuring I don’t appear on a future episode of COPS because of my laziness.
While I was there though, I did manage to take out three more books (because I’m just a glutton for punishment) and then amazed myself by finishing one of them within 24 hours. And it’s a great book and I wanted to pass along info on it:
Welcome to Izzy Spellman’s off-kilter world. Equal parts Sam Spade and Bridget Jones, she’s a damn good investigator—if only her dysfunctional family would back off and let her do her thing. Izzy’s cynical—okay, wise—enough to realize that a primrose-covered cottage with a white picket fence is not in her future. That’s okay with her. Ever the jaded P.I., she catalogs her ex-boyfriends with calculated brevity, reducing her romantic misjudgments to curt summaries of name, age, occupation, hobbies, duration, and last words.
No comments:
Post a Comment